Computer security is critical in almost any technology-driven industry which operates on computer systems. Computer security can also be referred to as computer safety. The issues of computer based systems and addressing their countless vulnerabilities are an integral part of maintaining an operational industry.Security can be system security, application security, cloud security, data security.We at efficaxx focus an all these stated disciplines to ensure that the client security systems is up to date due to the ever emerging threats
How do we do this:
1. Access authorization restrictions: Access to a computer requires authentication. It protects either the whole computer such as through an interactive log on screen or individual services, such as an FTP server. There are many methods for identifying and authenticating users, such as passwords, identification cards, and, more recently, smart cards and biometric systems.
2. Anti-virus software that attempt to identify, thwart and eliminate computer viruses and other malicious software.
3. Backups option, which involves using one of the file hosting services that backs up files over the Internet for both business and individuals.
4. Cryptographic techniques involving transforming information, scrambling it (encryption)so it becomes unreadable during transmission. Secure ciphers are designed to make any practical attempt of breaking infeasible. Symmetric-key ciphers are suitable for bulk encryption using shared keys, and public-key encryption using digital certificates can provide a practical solution for the problem of securely communicating when no key is shared in advance. The intended recipient can unscramble the message (decryption).
5. Firewalls installation to protect computers and computer networks from attack and subsequent intrusion by restricting the network traffic that can pass through them, based on a set of system administrator-defined rules.
6. Use of Intrusion-detection systems that scan a network for people that are on the network and detect unauthorized users who are doing things that they should not be doing, for example trying a lot of passwords to gain access to the network.
7. Awareness programs to keep employees aware of the dangers of social engineering and introducing policies that will prevent social engineering thus reduce network and server breaches.